Sunday 21 September 2014

Flirty Dancing ~ Jenny McLachlan ~ Review

On Wednesday, Jenny came to my school, to give the year 9's a talk about her book. 
She spoke to us for an hour about the process of producing a book and the ideas behind it, it was very interesting to hear about how things happen behind the scenes. 
She spoke to us about the cover of her book, the publishers and how she writes and how she generates the ideas! 

Jenny was a really nice person, answered a lot of questions and because she used to be a English teacher, she really knew how to get everyone involved. 
I listened to everything and learnt a lot, and if you know me I don't have the best attention span so it must have been good! 

At the end of the talk, we had the chance to buy the book and get it signed by her. I was unsure whether I was going to buy the book as I didn't know anything about it, but after 5 minutes of Jenny talking, I knew I wanted the book! 
So I queued up and she was really nice, we had a little chat about dancing and how I didn't like it because I couldn't do it and she was talking about how she couldn't do it but loved Jive. I didn't feel anxious or nervous and she was really nice and easy to talk to. She signed my book and put a little message in it. 

I started the book on Wednesday and I've already finished it! 
It's such a good book, I was hooked by the first page! I never ever wanted to stop reading, I just kept on going. 
I don't want to give too much away about the book as I personally hate people giving spoilers away! 
But it's about girls, friendships and boys and dramas but then something amazing happens. It's book that you laugh at, gasp at in shock! You can't get anything better and it's not just for girls, it's for boys too! 
I would defiantly recommend getting your hands on the book! 

Lots of Love, 
Darcey xxx






3 comments:

  1. Is it a good book to read? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely book to read, and i would highly advise you to get your hands on this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely book to read, and i would highly advise you to get your hands on this book!

    ReplyDelete