Tuesday 10 June 2014

Natural to Glam days.

First of all, I'm really sorry that my post didn't go up yesterday, I had problems with wifi which meant I was unable to but thankfully it's back working so here is my post! 

I love to have no makeup days where I give my skin a break and just do a good skincare routine. I like to use my liz Earle cleanser and toner with my Nivea moisturiser. My eyes do get dry in the morning and at night I put a very small amount of sudocream under my eyes and on my eye lids. It's much better than any eye cream and very affordable so it's defiantly worth checking out.

I have made a number one rule to myself that I will have at least 2 non makeup days a week, at least 2 minimal makeup days and then the rest do my normal makeup routine.

On my non makeup days I will just do my skincare routine and nothing else and will just keep my skin hydrated during the day by drinking water. Which I do, do everyday but a little bit more on these days! This helps my skin to clear and let nature do it's part! I have noticed a massive difference, my redness has calmed down and my skin is a lot less oily and it's just easier to manage. 
I always have Sunday as no makeup day even if we go out, I'm very strict about that however if a major event I will do mascara and that will be it as I do, do my skincare every morning and evening without fail, every day. Sometimes I will do Saturday if I'm not out but generally on a Saturday I do very minimal makeup. Then I do at least one day during the week, yes i do go to school with no makeup on! I didn't feel comfortable at first but now I don't mind as I just think of the benefits and to be honest I have had no nasty comments to my face, i did think that I would so this made my confidence grow. So I try to do atleast 2 times a week.

Atleast twice a week I will wear minimal makeup which will just be my skin care routine with mascara, a tiny bit of lipgloss/tinted lip balm and a very tiny amount of foundation just to cover blemishes and the concealer. If I want to be even better I might use tinted moisturiser but that very rarely happens. That's maybe once a year, however I do try to use tinted moisturiser in the summer to help my tan! 

Then the days I have left where I don't do my full makeup routine, I use my primer, foundation, concealer, powder, eye shadow, mascara, eye liner, lip gloss/very little lipstick (very lip colour shades! Neutral pink, etc.). So I do, do the full works but it always looks natural as I hate over the top makeup. 

I will never not wear natural makeup, even for makeup tutorials as it doesn't benefit you skin and it believe you shouldn't change your makeup routine even if it's once. Some people do, disagree with me but that's only my opinion.

So I hope you enjoyed this little beauty blogpost and I will see you soon! 

Darcey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment