Friday 15 August 2014

Beauty Q&A!

So as I havent done 'MiniMegs' as much as I liked to, I thought I would make the most of my time off and write loads! So my first one is a Q&A! I hope you enjoy.

Whats your beauty school essentials?
I like to keep my look really simple. For school I just wear a primer due to oily skin and a tiny bit of foundation with concealer. Then I will just put on some 'they're real mascara' from benefit and my burts bee lip balm.
To school I will just take my 'Stay Matte' powder for any touch ups but to be honest I never really feel the need to top up. I will then just take my lip balm with me in-case my lips dry out.
I really don't go overboard and never go for the 'cakey' look. Some people don't even realise i'm wearing makeup, I just wear it to cover any blemishes.

How do you make sure your lipsticks stays on for the whole evening?
First of all its all about preparation, make sure during the whole day you use lip balm so that you have really soft lips to help the lipstick glide on.
You then want to use your normal lip colour, lip liner to make sure there's something for the lipstick, to stick to. But make sure to cover your whole lip, not just the outline.
Then apply the lipstick you are wanting to wear.
If you are wanting a matte lip, just leave it there and make sure to take it with you as it may to start to fade.
If you are wanting a glossy lip, apply some lip gloss that is the same colour as the lipstick. Then take your lip-gloss with you to make sure you always have a glossy look.
I personally prefer to keep lipstick for special occasions and the winter but some people wear it all the time, its completely your choice. But normally I will just wear a really nice lip gloss.

What is the best high end foundation and which is the best low end foundation?
My best low end foundation is the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation, its really easy to apply and gives just the right amount of coverage I need. I will keep repurchasing this for years to come!

I couldn't decide between the high end foundation so I have chosen 4! Which maybe cheating but I use all of them on such a regular basis that I couldn't leave one out!
My first one would have to be the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW! I'm the biggest Benefit Fan ever and you will soon realise this! This foundation just gives such a flawless finish like it says, its super easy to apply, looks really natural and really stays on for a long time, I couldn't ask for anything more!
My second one is also from Benefit! This is the Big Easy Multi Balancing Complexion Perfector, this is super easy to apply, doesn't cause alot of damage to the skin. I can also wear this without concealer, as it has such good coverage! Its defiantly one to invest in, you won't regret it.
SURPRISE! The third one is also from Benefit and this is my Hello Flawless, Custom Powder Cover Up! My mum bought me this and I really wasn't keen on it, I wouldn't even open it up, I thought it wouldn't give any coverage or even make my skin look better. It was like this for about a week, then I thought was it there to lose? So I tried it and I have not left it alone since, I was completely wrong, it gives amazing coverage, you don't need a concealer and it comes with a sponge and brush so its super easy to apply. I apply it with the sponge and then really blend it with the brush. I defiantly choose this, if i'm really struggling with my skin! I'm so please I tried it and it lasts forever!
SHOCK! My 4th favourite is nothing to do with Benefit and its from Nars. Most people talk about the Nars Sheer Glow but because my skin is oily, this didn't help so I went for the 'Sheer Matte Foundation' and I instantly fell in love. This has amazing coverage and I really look for this in foundation as you can tell and this doesn't leave any unwanted shine. Defiantly one to try out if you haven't already.

What celebrity do you go to, for makeup ideas?
100% Sam Faiers, i'm the biggest TOWIE fan and she always looks really elegant and flawless but still natural. I defiantly would like to have a few makeup lessons off her! If you don't know about her or not sure what i'm talking about go and check her out!
But I also don't just look at her for makeup, she is also a very good role model, she always helps others out and really knows what she is talking about. She always looks after people and generally does care but she also has the most amazing clothes! I defiantly look up to her and I think I always will. I don't want to be exactly her but I always think its nice to have someone you want to be like, so that you can always challenge yourself. Everyone has a different view. She is also extremely brave and really copes with things, she always has a smile on her face! When she was in Big Brother and was ill, she still smiled and made the most of it and I think that's the best way to live life! I bet she also looks up to somebody.

Wheres your favourite place to shop for makeup?
Superdrug or Boots 100% they always have really affordable things but also a little more pricey things. My local ones are really nice and the staff always recommend products and tell me how to use them and I think this is really important especially for young girls who are only just learning. I think the staff are better at boots but that is my opinion and its nothing against superdrug as the staff are always helpful. Also the local boots have more variety. But I love Superdrug too. Its your choice!

So I have only chosen 5 questions, but have answered them the best I can and if you have any more questions let me know and I will answer them next time!

Lots of Love,
Darcey xx


No comments:

Post a Comment