Monday 25 August 2014

Homework

Everybody hates homework, well most people do. But I'm in the minority that doesn't actually mind homework. Yes I'm weird, but I love learning new things and helps me have a better understanding of what's going on when back in the classroom! 

I hate mymaths! It's so boring and maths isn't my best subject but any other subject I will just crack on with it! 

The best thing to do is start it straight away, as soon as you get it, then you don't have to worry about it the night before like many people do! 

Also set yourself a limit, so for every hours work you do, you have a 10 minute break. So say to yourself you do 2 hours a night, which may sound extreme but it's a way of keeping on top of it and not worrying. I get in from school at around 3.20pm so by the time I've got in, hand a drink and snack is 3.30pm which means I'm done by 6pm at the latest. That gives me the rest of the evening! 

If you struggle with homework, ask for help, from teachers, parents, friends, anybody that you think can help and they will probably be happy to help! 

If you don't like doing it all after school, go to your library at school at lunch and do it there! It's probably the best place as you won't get distracted, there's lots of resources that can help you and it's quiet. It's a win-win situation.

Instead of keeping getting up and down, before you start, get your pencil case, your books, a snack and a drink so that you don't get distracted along the way, it's best to sit at a table away from anybody so they don't come and talk to you. The worst thing to do is get distracted.

TURN YOUR PHONE OFF! It may seem hard but you have all evening to go on your phone, twitter, Facebook, snapchat, anything you use can wait. Homework will help your education and education determines your future! Don't let your phone ruin it. 

Don't stress about it, if you stress, it will affect your work and then you will panic, seriously teachers will understand and don't tell them the day it's due in, tell them as soon as you can and I'm sure you can come to some agreement. 

I'm still at school and the last thing you want to do is come in from a day learning, to do more work but it will pay off and you just have to look on the positive side. 

I try to get it all done during the week but it's not always possible! So sometimes I do spend a couple of hours doing homework at the weekend! 

It's good to get into a routine young, like I did as I start my gsces in September so I will have lots of homework and it will really help being prepared and being used to homework. 

I hope homework doesn't kill you too much and I will see you again soon! 

Lots of Love, 
Darcey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment